The fall of the Aztec empire seen through the eyes of a spirited Aztec girl and a young Spanish castaway who struggle to survive the terrible clash of their ancient civilizations. They will fight to find themselves and even find love during one of the most antagonistic times of human history.
MAIN CHARACTERS – Fictional
(click on pictures or underlined titles to links of details)
CITLALIN – a young Aztec noble girl
DIEGO DE DAVILA – a young Spanish castaway
ICHTACA – Citlalin’s twin brother, bound to become a priest
FRANCISCO DE DAVILA – Pedro’s father, a Spanish scholar
TLAZOPILLI – Citlalin and Ichtaca’s father, a noble Aztec
YOLOTLI – Tlazopilli’s wife, a mother and a revolutionary
HERNAN CORTES – Spanish Conquistador
MALINTZIN – a cacique princess enslaved to the Mayan
PEDRO DE ALVARADO – Cortes’ second in command
MOCTEZUMA II – ruler of Tenochtitlan
JERONIMO DE AGUILAR – a Spanish missionary and a witness
XICOTENCATL – a warring Tlaxcala prince
CUITLAHUAC – Moctezuma’s successor, he defeated the Spaniards
CUAUHTEMOC – The Last Aztec Emperor
Seasons and Timeline.
In terms of Hernán Cortes’ journey, the first three seasons of the Fire Lord series will be divided in the following way.
Although the arrival at Tenochtitlán is shown in season 3, the series follows some of the characters that live in Tenochtitlán in season 1 and season 2.
Character Historical Timeline.
The main fictional characters will be drawn to the events triggered by Cortes and Moctezuma II’s actions and reactions. Like small ships that try their best to navigate in stormy seas.
Historical Context Journey and Seasons
The following is a description of the journey divided by seasons.
Hernán Cortés and his men departed from Cuba on September 11th, 1519 and embarked on one of the most extraordinary adventures in the history of mankind: the conquest of Mexico. In the following months, not only would they encounter different civilizations, walk through forests with new and strange plants and animals and eat exotic food and beverages; they would also engage in ferocious combats with the natives, suffer from new diseases and bear the harsh conditions of an unknown and hostile country.
Season One Historical Background Link
- SEASON ONE – EPISODE 1 (Outline)
- SEASON ONE – EPISODE 2 (Outline)
- SEASON ONE – EPISODE 3 (Outline)
- SEASON ONE – EPISODE 4 (Outline)
- SEASON ONE – EPISODE 5 (Outline)
- SEASON ONE – EPISODE 6 (Outline)
- SEASON ONE – EPISODE 7 (Outline)
- SEASON ONE – EPISODE 8 (Outline)
Hernán Cortés and his men journey deep into Mexica Empire territory forging alliances with warring tribes while sorting the dangers set for them from both the Aztec and the Spanish kingdoms alike. They will become saviors and bringers of hope for those under the oppressive rule of Tenochtitlan and will be declared traitors by the Governor of Cuba. Cortes’ cunning will turn adversity into asset and exploit a legend which many natives, including Moctezuma II, believe: Quetzalcoatl, the powerful feathered serpent God long gone, has returned as he promised.
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 9 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 10 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 11 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 12 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 13 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 14 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 15 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 16 (Outline)
Hernan Cortes reaches Tenochtitlan and juggles allegiances in a a delicate political arena where the shift of powers will pit prospect friends against each other and the pressure from the Spanish Kings and the Mexica Lords and the radical differences between their two cultures plant the seeds for one of the most tragic episodes in human history and one of the biggest and bloodiest genocides to date, resulting in the end of an Ancient Civilization and the beginning of a New World.
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 17 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 18 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 19 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 20 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 21 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 22 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 23 (Outline)
- SEASON TWO – EPISODE 24 (Outline)
CHARACTERS HISTORICAL TIMELINE CHART
- CUBA – Spanish stronghold in the New World
- COZUMEL – Spanish outpost against the Maya
- VILLA RICA DE LA VERA CRUZ – Landing of Cortes’ armada
- CEMPOALA – City State first to confront the Spaniards
- CHOLULA – City State who tried to ambush the Spaniards
- TENOCHTITLAN – Capital of the Aztec Empire
Schedule & Budget (Pilot and Season One)
From GAME OF THRONES to LORD OF THE RINGS